Thursday, August 20,2020
The Nigerian bourse ended Thursday’s trading session on a bullish note. The All Share Index gained 0.13% to close at 25,171.32 basis points, as against +0.14% appreciation recorded previously.
The market’s Year-to-Date (YTD) returns currently stands at -6.22%. The Nigerian Stock Exchange market capitalization stood at N13.149 trillion.
Investors gained N18.06 billion.
Trading volume turnover closed negative, with volume moving down by -0.26% as against -33.58% downtick that was recorded during the previous session.
TRANSCORP, GUARANTY, and LASACO were the most active to boost market turnover. NESTLE and GUARANTY topped market value list.
NESTLE also led the list of active stocks that recorded an impressive volume spike at the end of today’s session.
Market breadth closed positive as INTBREW led 17 Gainers, compared with 10 Losers topped by STUDPRESS. This marks an improved performance when compared with the previous outlook.
- INTBREW up 10.00% to close at N3.3
- CAP up 5.56% to close at N16.15
- FIDSON up 6.74% to close at N3.96
- GLAXOSMITH up 5.15% to close at N5.1
- STANBIC up 1.47% to close at N34.5
- STUDPRESS down 9.60% to close at N1.79
- UAC-PROP down 9.47% to close at N0.86
- ABCTRANS down 8.51% to close at N0.43
- UBA down 0.75% to close at N6.65
- UHOMREIT down 0.12% to close at N40.6
The Nigerian bourse continued its bullish run on Thursday in spite of the recent downtrend in market liquidity. Buying pressures from STANBIC, CAP, and INTBREW helped the bourse to finish the trading session green. Nairametrics envisages cautious buying amid prevailing political and economic uncertainty